Sunday, May 13, 2012

Living the Camp Life (But Really...)

Camp has never been my thing. I always went, had a good time, made new friends, and most definitely learned a lot, but it has never been on my top list of things to do, and is still not particularly high on my bucket list. But this weekend, I went on a retreat with Rachel to Pinebrook Camp in Pennsylvania.

...it wasn't the nicest of places.
pic.twitter.com/wNj2aRkM 
This was a desk found in the middle of a creepy children's garden - complete with misfit toys and broken nativity scenes. Bizarre does not even begin to describe it.

However, I did learn some new things about my faith, worship with a different body of believers, spend some quality time with my best friend, and even meet some new awesome people. So, now, what you've all been waiting for, my thankful list:

11. There were 2 special couples on the retreat - Dan and Hilary and Jay and Julie. I think God strategically placed me on this retreat because of them. They (indirectly) taught me more about marriage and love and in turn taught me more about Jesus.

12. Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee on the way home

13. Acquiring new taste buds....or maybe just trying new things?  There have been so many new foods I have come to love this year: oatmeal, oranges,applesauce, iced coffee....

14. Bed bugs weren't in our room.

15. I repeat, bed bugs weren't in our room.

16. Telling silly jokes that really only make you laugh because they're so dumb.

17. Worship outside.

18. Psalm 130. My soul waits for the Lord more than a watchman waits for the morning.

19. Making something funny out of something not-so-pleasurable (our living conditions...) :)

20. Freedom in Christ.

21. Awesome stories.

22. Tonight, we invited over some old neighbors for Mother's Day dinner. Man, I love and miss them.

23. Sad movies that open my eyes to feel or see hurt that someone else faces that I may have not been able to feel or see otherwise (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close *only watch if you want to cry)

It's only been a week since I've been home?! CRAZINESS.

Thanks for reading.
Solo Dios Basta. (look it up if you want to know what it means.)

No comments:

Post a Comment